Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Quarterly Afternoon Tea Club




Last Saturday I was taken to St. Ermin's Hotel for afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday. My beloved had invited a few of my friends as a surprise and we all snuggled up in beautiful armchairs for a couple of hours, chatting and eating. It was lovely. We decided to do it more often. So we started The Quarterly Afternoon Tea Club, which will provide us with an excellent excuse to indulge in afternoon tea on a regular basis.


Now, an afternoon tea club should review, as well as delight in, afternoon tea consumed in glamorous surroundings. Here, therefore, is my review of St. Ermin's...


The Good:


- Beautiful interiors (I wanted to steal everything)
- Pleasant staff (though no one offered to take my coat)
- Reasonably priced
- A very very tasty honey & goat's cheese tiny sandwich
- Our teapots were refreshed several times
- We were given a 2nd round of sandwiches at no extra cost when we asked for it


The Not Quite So Good:


- We waited a long time for the food to be served
- The sandwiches were dry around the edges (and there were few of them)
- My scone was handsomely sized, but so dry that I only ate half of it


Would I go again? Yes, but not for afternoon tea.


(I should add that upon leaving one of my friends tempted us to go to Bassoon at The Corinthia for drinks, and it was very. very. good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment